Last updated: 01.12.2019
Note: The German version of this document will govern our relationship - this translated version is provided for convenience only and will not be interpreted to modify the German version. For the German version, please go to https://www.expocloud.com/datenschutzerklaerung-leistungen-und-app.
The careful handling of your personal data is a matter of course for us. In the course of this data protection declaration, we inform you, as a direct contractual partner/customer of EXPOCLOUD, in detail about the handling of your personal data in the context of the general use of the EXPOCLOUD services and the EXPOCLOUD app (together hereinafter also: services). This data protection declaration expressly refers only to the collection and processing of personal data of the direct contractual partners of EXPOCLOUD when using the app and the actual EXPOCLOUD services.
Section 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In addition to our online offer, we provide you with a mobile app that you can download to your mobile device. In the following we inform about the collection of personal data when using our offers and the mobile app. Personal data is all data that can be personally related to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) The person responsible in accordance with Article 4 sec. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is expocloud GmbH, Eupener Straße 332, D-52076 Aachen Germany, phone: +49 (0) 241 - 936877 – 00, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (see our imprint).
Our data protection officer can be reached here: Dr. Ralf W. Schadowski, E-Mail: email@example.com, Phone: +49 241 44688-0.
(3) When contacting us by e-mail or via a contact form, your e-mail address and, if you provide you, your name and telephone number will be stored by us to answer your questions. We delete the data in this context after storage is no longer necessary or – in the case of legal retention obligations – restrict the processing.
(4) If we use commissioned service providers for individual functions of our offer or the app or if we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. We also mention the defined criteria for the storage time.
Section 2 Your Rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us with regard to the personal data concerning you:
right to information,
right to rectification or erasure,
right to restrict processing,
right to object to the processing,
right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data in our company.
Section 3 Collection of personal data when using our mobile app
(1) When downloading the mobile app, the required information is transmitted to the App Store (e.g. Google Play or Apple App Store), i.e. in particular the user name, email address and customer number of your account, time of download, payment information and the individual device identification number. We have no influence on this data collection and are not responsible for it. We process the data only to the extent necessary for downloading the mobile app to your mobile device.
(2) As part of your use of the Services, we automatically collect certain data that is necessary for the use of the App. These include:
date and time of the request
time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
content of the request (concrete page)
access Status/HTTP Status Code
amount of data transferred in each case
website from which the request originates
operating system and its interface
language and version of the browser software.
size of the browser window
installed browser plugins
This data will be automatically transmitted to us (1) in order to provide you with the Services and the associated functions; (2) improve the functions and performance of the Services and (3) prevent and eliminate misuse and malfunctions. This data processing is justified by the fact that (1) the processing for the performance of the contract between you as a data party and us in accordance with Art. b) GDPR is required to use the Services, or (2) we have a legitimate interest in ensuring the functioning and error-free operation of the Services and in providing a service that is market- and interest-oriented, which herein is your rights and Interests in the protection of your personal data within the meaning of Art. (f) GDPR.
(3) When you create or log in to a user account (also known as a customer account), we use your access data (email address and password) to give you access to and manage your user account. Mandatory information in the context of registration is marked with an asterisk and is required for the conclusion of the user contract. If you do not provide this information, you will not be able to create a user account (mandatory information).
In addition, you can provide voluntary information as part of the registration process. We use voluntary information to display it in accordance with your settings within the scope of the Services and to make it available to other users of the Services at your request. You can change the voluntary information at any time.
This data processing is justified by the fact that (1) the processing for the performance of the contract between you as a data party and us in accordance with Art. b) GDPR is required to use the Services, or (2) we have a legitimate interest in ensuring the functioning and correct operation of the Services, which herein your rights and interests in the protection of your personal data within the meaning of Art. (f) GDPR. If you upload a profile photo as part of the voluntarily providedinformation, you agree that this profile picture you uploaded will be displayed. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1) of the lit. (a) GDPR.
(4) Within the scope of the Services, you can enter, manage and edit various information, tasks and activities.
This data processing is justified by the fact that (1) the processing for the performance of the contract between you as a data party and us in accordance with Art. b) GDPR is required to use the Services, or (2) we have a legitimate interest in ensuring the functioning and correct operation of the Services, which herein your rights and interests in the protection of your personal data within the meaning of Art. Paragraph 1 lit. (f) GDPR.
(5) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your terminal device when you use our services. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive associated with the browser you are using and through which certain information flows to the place that sets the cookie. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer as a whole more user-friendly and effective.
This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functioning of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies
- Persistent Cookies
Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This includes in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to our website or app. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser/app.
Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predetermined period of time, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in your browser's security settings at any time.
You can configure your browser or app setting according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. So-called "Third Party Cookies" are cookies that have been set by a third party, therefore not by the actual website on which one is currently located. Please note that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
Section 4 Other features and offers of our services
(1) When providing the Services, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. To do so, you must usually provide other personal data that we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In part, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly checked.
(3) Furthermore, we may disclose your personal data to third parties if we offer participation in promotions, contracts or similar services together with partners. You can find more information about this by providing your personal data or in the description of the offer below.
(4) Insofar as our service providers or partners are located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
Section 5 Use of our online ordering system
(1) If you wish to order in our online ordering system, it is necessary for the conclusion of the contract that you provide your personal data, which we need for the processing of your order. Mandatory information necessary for the execution of the contracts is marked separately, further information is voluntary. We process the data you provide to process your order. For this purpose, we can pass on your payment data to our bank. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1) of the 1 lit. b) GDPR.
We may also process the data you provide to inform you about other interesting products from our portfolio or to send you e-mails with technical information.
(2) Insofar as you have given us your consent to this, your personal data provided under the online ordering system will be stored until the termination of the contractual relationship. This is intended to give you access to your order data and thus to enable you to improve the usability of the services. Consent is freely revocable. We are also obliged to store your address, payment and order data for a period of ten years due to commercial and tax law requirements. However, after two years, we are restricting processing, i.e. Your data will only be used to comply with legal obligations.
(3) In order to prevent unauthorized access by third parties to your personal data, in particular financial data, the ordering process is encrypted using SSL technology.
Section 6 Newsletter
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers. The advertised goods and services are identified in the declaration of consent. We use the services of HubSpot, Inc. to send our newsletter (see also section 7).
(2) To subscribe to our newsletter, we use the so-called double-opt-in procedure. This means that after your registration we will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address provided, in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to send the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store your IP addresses and times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify any misuse of your personal data.
(3) The only obligation to send the newsletter is your e-mail address. The provision of further separately marked data is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. After your confirmation, we will save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis is Article 6(1) of the lit. (a) GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent to sending the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can cancel by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. After sending you unsubscribe from the newsletter, you will receive an e-mail from email@example.com to your registered e-mail address, in which you will receive a confirmation link to unsubscribe. You will not receive a newsletter until this confirmation has been received.
SECTION 7 SOCIAL MEDIA AND OTHER SERVICES OF THIRD PARTIES
(1) Integration of YouTube videos
(a) We have incorporated YouTube videos into our online offering, which are stored on www.YouTube.com and are directly playable from our website and the app. These are all integrated in the "advanced privacy mode", i.e. no data about you as a user will be transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data referred to in paragraph 2 be transferred. We have no influence on this data transfer. By integrating YouTube videos, we are pursuing our interest in making our website more interesting and attractive to our visitors and achieving a better presentation of content or facts. The legal basis for the use of the plug-in is Art. (f) GDPR.
(b) By visiting the Website or the App, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website or app. In addition, the data referred to in Section 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This is done regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or if there is no user account. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be mapped directly to your account. If you do not want to be assigned to your youTube profile, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or customizing the design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for unlogged users) for the provision of demand-oriented advertising and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these user profiles, and you must contact YouTube to exercise this.
HubSpot used for our online marketing activities. HubSpot is an integrated software solution that covers various aspects of our online marketing.
These include, but are not only:
- Content Management (Website und Blog)
- E-mailmarketing (newsletters and automated mailings, e.g. for the provision of downloads)
- Social Media Publishing & Reporting
- Reporting (e.g. traffic sources, accesses, etc. ...)
- Contact management (e.g. user segmentation & CRM)
- Landing pages and contact forms
HubSpot is a software company based in the United States with a subsidiary in Ireland.
2nd Floor 30 North Wall Quay Dublin 1, Ireland, Telefon: +353 1 5187500.
HubSpot is certified under the terms ofthe EU - U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworkand is subject to theTRUSTe's Privacy Seal.
More information from HubSpot regarding EU data protection rules »
More information about the cookies used by HubSpot can be found here »
On mobile devices, you can disable Hubspot tracking via
Section 8 Disclosure of data
Section 9 Period of data storage
We delete or anonymize your personal data as soon as it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected or used it in accordance with the preceding paragraphs. As a rule, we store your personal data for the duration of the use or contractual relationship via the App plus a period of 7 days during which we keep backup copies after deletion, insofar as this data is not needed for criminal prosecution or for the safeguarding, assertion or enforcement of legal claims.
Specific information in this data protection declaration or legal requirements for the retention and deletion of personal data, in particular those that we have to retain for tax reasons, remain unaffected.
Section 10 Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke it at any time. Such a revocation affects the admissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have expressed it to us.
(2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not required in particular for the performance of a contract with you, which is shown by us in the following description of the functions. In exercising such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your reasoned objection, we will examine the situation and will either discontinue or adjust the data processing or show you our compelling reasons for continuing the processing.
(3) Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us about your advertising objection via the contact channels listed above.